Lately, I have been feeling sluggish, unproductive at work, lazy, and tired all the time, and I know that one of the reasons for it is my health. Two years ago, I ran 12 kilometers daily; now, I barely make 500 steps a day! I spend most of my time sitting, especially at work. Now, it is taking a toll on my health.
I read this article about Marie Kondo, the founder of KonMari method of decluttering, how she declutters her brain, and I tried it to see if I could identify the problem and make positive action plans towards those problems. Everything starts with the feeling, so yes, I will break it down one by one why I am not feeling good the past days.
Lack of sleep
Going to work early to finish some unfinished work
- Difficult topics
- Load not doable within 8 working hours
- Not in the mood to work on the submissions
- Using time to do other personal stuff
- Using time to check on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs)
- Team meeting
Sleeping late at night
- Spending time on social media
- Doing hobbies like drawing or journaling
- Social life with friends on weekdays
Lack of exercise or physical activities
No time for exercise or physical activities
- Most of the time are spent in the office
- Too tired to exercise due to overtime at work or being stuck in the traffic
- Doing other non-physical activities like reading, hobbies, browsing the Internet
No motivation to exercise
- No exercise buddy
- Taking a long time and a lot of hard work being seeing some results
Unhealthy eating habits
- Easy, convenient, cravings
- Stressed and bored
Now that I have these things and reasons identified, I need to do something about it. It needs some action plan!
Get a good amount of sleep every day.
Go to work ON TIME and leave work ON TIME
- Do the frogs first. If load is not doable within working hours, do half of the difficult ones, then half of the easier ones.
- Pep up yourself to get into the mood and be productive!
- Be aware of the consequences if work is not done on time.
- Set mind on today’s goals.
- FOCUS. As much as possible, use your working hours for work ONLY.
- DO NOT OPEN SOCIAL MEDIA SITES DURING WORKING HOURS. Practice this habit. If I had survived years of no SNS policy at Yngen before, then I could do this. #selfcontrol
- Adjust time and work pacing.
- Make a goal every day to finish work on time.
Go to bed at leave five hours before wake up call.
- Limit social media. You are a big girl now; BE RESPONSIBLE.
- Set time limit for doing your hobbies, too.
- Get enough sleep or rest before socialization with friends.
- Take a bath and declutter things to have a good night’s sleep.
Start small, as long as there is physical activity.
Walk at least 15 to 30 minutes a day.
- Declutters your mind, relieves stress
- Gives you enough time to do other activities
To combat boredom
- Listen to music, radio, or some podcasts
- Think of the benefits of having a good and healthy figure
- Summer vacation at Sorsogon
- More inexpensive clothes
- Looking young, not a losyang, chos! Really, it’s yuck.
- I DID THIS BEFORE; I CAN DO THIS AGAIN.
- No more expensive maintenance pills
Start to eat healthy
No more fast food.
- Bring own food to work.
- Eat fruits like bananas and apples when craving something sweet. They are healthier and less expensive.
- Take time to buy healthy food in the supermarket.
Eat healthy breakfast to curb cravings for junk food.
- Take short breaks at work to avoid stress eating.
- Drink a lot of water.
I know this is going to be difficult at first, but I need to work hard to get back my health. I was my healthiest two years ago, and in a span of year, I gained more than what I have lost and another year after, I got diabetes. This is a result of stress, bad eating habits, and lack of exercise. No one is going to do this for me but me and myself only.